Ophthalmoplegic migraine paediatric oculomotor schwannoma
Childhood steroid-responsive ophthalmoplegic migraine mahua roy 1, jagabandhu ghosh 2, sujit deb 3, narayan pandit 4 1 department of pediatric medicine, north bengal medical college and hospital, darjeeling, india 2 department of pediatric medicine, sskm and ipgmer, kolkata, india 3 department of neuro-medicine, north bengal medical college and hospital, darjeeling, india 4 department of radio . Ophthalmoplegic migraine is a poorly understood neurologic syndrome characterized by recurrent bouts of head pain and ophthalmoplegia by reviewing cases presenting to our centers in whom the phenotype has been carefully dissected, and systematically reviewing all published cases of ophthalmoplegic migraine in the magnetic resonance imaging (mri) era, this review sets out to clearly define the . Ophthalmoplegic migraine is a rare condition characterized by headache and oculomotor nerve palsy lasting days to weeks mri findings include reversible enhancement of the cisternal segment of the oculomotor nerve and focal thickening at the exit of the nerve in the interpeduncular cistern (figs 9a , 9b , and 9c ).
In the differential diagnosis, schwannoma of the oculomotor nerve can mimic ophthalmoplegic migraine, and may require high-resolution mri to detect it (118) (119) strabismic amblyopia complicates more than a third of pediatric iii nerve palsies (110, 111), and requires patch therapy to maintain the acuity at presentation. Bisdorff ar, wildanger g oculomotor nerve schwannoma mimicking ophthalmoplegic migraine cephalalgia 200626(9):1157-1159 kawasaki a oculomotor nerve schwannoma associated with ophthalmoplegic . Ophthalmoplegic migraine: from questions to answers oculomotor ophthalmoplegic migraine: is it really migraine j neuroophthalmol 2002 ings in pediatric ophthalmoplegic migraine: a case .
Background: ophthalmoplegic migraine (om) is a rare condition characterized by the association of headaches and an oculomotor nerve palsy the third cranial nerve is commonly involved in recurrent attacks, whereas involvement of the sixth and fourth nerves is uncommon it is still debated whether an . The oculomotor nerve contains the somatic motor etiology of pediatric third nerve palsy etiology ng 5 ophthalmoplegic migraine may occur with a family . Several episodes of transient oculomotor (iii) deficts were associated with headaches, mimicking ophthalmoplegic migraine conclusions: cranial nerve schwannomas may result in relapsing and remitting cranial nerve symptoms. Ophthalmoplegic migraine is a rare condition, previously thought to represent a variant of migraine kawasaki a: oculomotor nerve schwannoma associated with . Mri findings in pediatric ophthalmoplegic migraine: a case report and literature review komine m, et al oculomotor nerve schwannoma mimicking ophthalmoplegic .
• ophthalmoplegic migraine myasthenia gravis may also mimic a third cranial nerve palsy, but the pupil will never be involved, added dr vaphiades diagnosing third cranial nerve palsy. Ophthalmoplegic migraine was diagnosed she was subsequently found to have a structural lesion of her right oculomotor nerve on magnetic resonance imaging the magnetic resonance image characteristics were consistent with schwannoma originating from the oculomotor nerve. Case report pediatric isolated oculomotor nerve schwannoma: a new case report and literature review shan-shan yang mda, zhao-jian li mdb,, xia liu bsb, ying li mdc, shi-fang li mdb,. Iv neuropathies and nuclear palsies ii trochlear (iv) nerve palsy (26), with ophthalmoplegic migraine,schwannomas, pediatric iv nerve palsies. Description slide 1 acquired oculomotor nerve palsy in childhood - schwannoma dr divyaswathi citla sridhar, pgy-1, pediatrics dr elisa rhee, pgy-1, pediatrics pediatric neurology grand.
Ophthalmoplegic migraine paediatric oculomotor schwannoma
Objective: n/a background: recurrent ophthalmoplegic cranial neuropathy (rocn), previously called ophthalmoplegic migraine, is characterized by recurrent episodes of headache and ophthalmoplegia of unclear etiology. Many reported cases of ophthalmoplegic migraine are associated with focal thickening and enhancement of the third nerve at its brainstem exit and, because both the focal swelling and enhancement typically resolve once the oculomotor palsy remits, it has been argued that the pathology in this migraine disorder is transient inflammation or . Paediatric oculomotor schwannoma is extremely rare and it can mimic om we describe a young boy with recurrent ophthalmoplegic migraine and oculomotor schwannoma in mr imaging clinical observation.
- Ophthalmoplegic migraine is a rare condition, which is characterized by localized headache in the orbital region associated with partial or complete paralysis of the oculomotor nerve.
- Apediatric ophthalmology and ocular genetics, ophthalmoplegic migraine with managing oculomotor nerve palsy is challenging, and.
- Ophthalmoplegic migraine is a rare presentation of migraine complicated by an isolated oculomotor paresis vasodilation pediatric laryngeal neurofibroma: case report and review of the literature.
• ocular motor nerve schwannomas may produce identical symptoms and resolve been referred to as ophthalmoplegic migraine the oculomotor (third) nerve is the . Read pediatric isolated oculomotor nerve schwannoma: a new case report and literature review, pediatric neurology on deepdyve, the largest online rental service for scholarly research with thousands of academic publications available at your fingertips. Ophthalmoplegic migraine is a poorly understood neurologic syndrome characterized by recurrent bouts of head pain and ophthalmoplegia by reviewing cases presenting to our centers in whom the phenotype has been carefully dissected, and systematically reviewing all published cases of ophthalmoplegic . It was noteworthy the ipsilateral ophthalmoplegic migraine was found in two cases of cisternal microlesions involving the initial prepontine segment of oculomotor nerve , and it has been proposed that tumor-induced repeated inflammation could lead to a demyelination and remyelination process with schwann cell proliferation and onion bulb .